Completing Your Drivers Education Course
Please Call (310) 628-8777 to Pick Up Your Certificate
Our objective at Corona Driving School is to teach each student to become a collision free driver. We will train them in a system that will give them this opportunity if used consistently and correctly. The things we can not give our students are enough repetition and experience.
The driving school and the parent are a team, both working together for a common objective: To make your student as safe a driver as possible.
1. You may drive off of a paved roadway to pass another vehicle:
1. If the shoulder is wide enough to accommodate your vehicle.
2. If the vehicle ahead of you is turning left.
3. Under no circumstances.
2. You should stop before crossing railroad tracks:
1. Whenever a crossing is not controlled by gates.
2. Any time a train may be approaching, whether or not you can see it.
3. If your vehicle has three or more axles.
3. The driver ahead of you stops at a crosswalk. What should you do?:
1. Pass the vehicle once any pedestrian has cross your lane.
2. Stop, then proceed when all pedestrians have crossed.
3. Change lanes, look carefully, and pass the stopped vehicle.
4. You are getting ready to make a right turn. You should:
1. Always stop before making a right turn.
2. Signal during the last 100 feet before you turn.
3. Slow down and signal as you start your turn.
5. When looking ahead while driving, you should:
1. Stay at the middle of the road.
2. Look directly in front of your car.
3. Scan from side to side.
6. You may legally park your car:
1. At the corner in an intersection.
2. Across a sidewalk if you are partially in a driveway.
3. In a bicycle lane if there is no sign forbidding it.
7. The speed limit in any alley is:
1. 20 mph.
2. 15 mph.
3. 10 mph.
9. You have had your license for eight months. You may:
1. Drive between 5:00 AM and 5:00 PM unaccompanied.
2. Transport minors unaccompanied at any time.
3. Transport minors between 11:00 PM and 5:00 AM unaccompanied.
10. When you change lanes or merge with another lane, you:
1. Have the right-of-way.
2. Should first stop and check for cross traffic.
3. Need at least a 4-second gap in traffic.
11. You must notify DMV within 5 days if you:
1. Sell or transfer your vehicle.
2. Paint your vehicle a different color.
3. Are cited for a traffic violation.
12. When a traffic signal light isn’t working at an intersection, you should:
1. Come to a complete stop, then proceed when it is safe.
2. Stop before entering and let all other traffic go first.
3. Slow down or stop, if necessary.
13. When driving in fog, snow, or rain, use both your windshield wipers and:
1. Low-beam headlights.
2. High-beam headlights.
3. Running lights.
14. You must make a written report (SR 1) to DMV when:
1. Your vehicle fails a smog test.
2. You are involved in an accident and there is an injury.
3. You change your insurance company.
15. If you want to pass a bicyclist in a narrow traffic lane when an oncomming car is
1. Honk your horn, then pass the bicyclist.
2. Slow down and let the car pass, then pass the bicyclist.
3. Wait until the bicyclist rides off the roadway.
16. Check your rearview mirrors:
1. Often to see how traffic is moving behind you.
2. Only on a freeway or highway.
3. Only when you are slowing down.
17. To turn left from a one-way street onto a one-way street, start from:
1. The lane closest to the left curb.
2. The center lane.
3. Any lane as long as it seems safe to do so.
18. To be sure a lane is clear before you change lanes, you should:
1. Look in your outside mirrors only.
2. Look over your shoulder in the lane you want to enter.
3. Always turn your head and look over your right shoulder.
19. Instructions from school crossing guards must be obeyed:
1. At all times.
2. During school hours only.
3. Only when children are present in front of a school.
20. You are being chased by a police vehicle with its lights and sirens activated. You
ignore the warning to stop and speed away. During the chase, a personis seriously
injured. You are subject to:
1. Imprisonment in a state prison for five years.
2. A fine of not less than $1000.
3. Attending anger management class.
21. Your wheels should be pointed straight ahead, unless you are:
1. Waiting to make a left turn at a traffic light.
2. Parked on a hill or sloping driveway.
3. Parked on the side of a level roadway and there is no curb.
22. Which of these statements is true about child passengers?:
1. Children one or older and over 20 pounds should ride in the front seat.
2. Children under age one should not ride in the front seat in air bag-equipped
3. The front seat is generally safest for children six years of age and older.
23. Cargo extending more than four feet from your rear bumper:
1. Is illegal under all circumstances.
2. Must be marked with a red flag or lights.
3. Does not legally have to be marked, but it is a good idea.
24. The California Driver Handbook recommends several tips to help you keep alert on
long drives. One of these tips is:
1. Pull off the road and rest.
2. Turn on your air conditioner.
3. Alternately drive close to the left and right sides of your lane.
25. If you have a green light, but traffic is blocking the intersection:
1. Stay out of the intersection until traffic clears.
2. Enter the intersection and wait until traffic clears.
3. Merge into another lane and try to go around the traffic.
26. Give extra space to drivers backing out of parking spaces because:
1. They may not see you.
2. They have the right-of-way.
3. It is required by law.
27. You were parked and have been waiting a long time with your turn signal on to reenter traffic. However traffic is heavy. You should:
1. Continue waiting waiting and yelding to traffic in the lane.
2. Slowly inch your vehicle into the traffic lane.
3. Drive on the shoulder until a gap in traffic appears.
28. Two vehicles are approaching an uncontrolled “T” intersection. One vehicle is on
the through road and the other is on the road that ends. Who has the right-of-way
at the interesction?:
1. The vehicle on the through road.
2. The vehicle on the right.
3. The vehicle that arrives first.
29. It is illegal for a person under 21 years of age to drive with a blood alochol
concentration (BAC) that is ___ or more:
1. 0.08% – Eight hundredths of one percent.
2. 0.01% – One hundredths of one percent.
3. 0.05% – Five hundredths of one percent.
30. You can be fined up to $1000 and jailed for six months if you are cited for:
1. Dumping or abandoning an animal on a highway.
2. Making a U-turn from a center left-turn lane.
3. Parking in a bicycle lane.
31. Even if you know your vehicle can maneuver a sharp curve at the legal speed limit,
you should still slow down because:
1. You must legally drive below the speed limit on sharp curves.
2. The strong inward pull on your vehicle can be dangerous.
3. There may be a stalled car or accident ahead that you can’t see.
32. To see vehicles in your blind spots, you must look:
1. Over your shoulders.
2. In your side mirrors.
3. In your inside rearview mirror.
33. When sharing the road with a light rail vehicle:
1. Never turn in front of an approaching light rail vehicle.
2. Always pass a light rail vehicle slowly on the right side.
3. Remember they are loud and move slowly like freight trains.
34. When driving in the far right lane of a freeway, you:
1. Should expect merging vehicles at onramps.
2. Must be driving slower than other traffic.
3. Must give the right-of-way to merging traffic.
35. You must carefully watch for bicycles in traffic lanes because they:
1. Must ride facing oncomming traffic.
2. Could be hidden in your blind spots.
3. Usually have the right-of-way.
36. You see a pedestrian with a white cane at the corner ready to cross the street. The
person takes a step back and pulls in his cane. You should:
1. Stop. Proceed through the intersection. The person isn’t ready to cross.
2. Stop your car a minimum of six feet from the crosswalk and wait for the person to
cross the street.
3. Honk your horn to let the person know when to cross the street.
37. Allow extra space in front of your vehicle when following a:
1. Passenger car.
2. Station wagon.
3. Large tour bus.
38. When a traffic light turns green, should you go immediately?
1. Yes, but yield to any vehicle or person still in the intersection.
2. Yes, or you could be given a ticket for causing gridlock.
3. No, because you must first wait five seconds before proceeding.
39. Which of the following children requires a child restraint system?
1. A six-year old weighing 70 pounds.
2. A five-year old weighing 55 pounds.
3. A five-year old weighing 65 pounds.
40. It is illegal to leave a child six years of age or younger unattended in a motor
1. When the keys are in the ignition.
2. If the child is with a 12-year old brother or sister.
3. On a cold, rainy day and all the windows are closed.
41. Backing your vehicle is:
1. Always dangerous to do.
2. Dangerous if you have a helper.
3. Only dangerous in large vehicles.
42. Which of these statements is true about road construction zones?
1. Fines are the same for violations committed in construction zones.
2. You are responsible for the safety of the road workers.
3. Slow down only if you think workers are present.
43. You were in an accident which caused more than $750 worth of damage. You must
report the accident within 10 days to:
1. The DMV.
2. The CHP.
3. Your insurance company.
44. If you are convicted by the court of a first DUI, the court will:
1. Suspend your driving privilege.
2. Sentence you to a mandatory 30 days in jail.
3. Confiscate and sell your vehicle.
45. Which of the following is true about large trucks?
1. Trucks have fewer blind spots due to the vehicle’s height.
2. It is best to pass trucks very slowly and on the right side.
3. Trucks often appear to travel slower because of their large size.
49. If there is a deep puddle in the road ahead, you should:
1. Maintain the posted speed and drive through the water.
2. Steer your vehicle around the water, if possible.
3. Shift into neutral as you drive through the water.
50. The speed limit for a school zone is ___, unless otherwise posted.
1. 15 mph.
2. 25 mph.
3. 20 mph.